Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Which Road to Take

"Side roads" was the topic I chose for this month's art concept challenge.
What is a road?   A path,  a direction, a destination,? How do we choose which road to take? Where will it lead me, what will I find? Will it be easy or difficult? Will I succeed or fail?
Lots of questions and not too many answers? I recall on some of the road trips that I took in the US sitting on the bed and mapping out the next days trip. Most often we chose the scenic route.

My art journey is also like a road. Should I take the highway, faster and more secure, or take the challenge of the scenic route with all its surprises?

I choose the scenic route!

I Choose the Scenic Route
Transfer prints on paper
Crayons
Liquid Pen
19.5" x 13"
I started out with sketching with a new app on my tablet. Transferred these using gel medium on my substrate. Finished with crayons and liquid pen.

Quotes:

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Goosey Goosey Gander where shall I wander
Nursery Rhymes

So many roads. So many detours. So many choices. So many mistakes.
 Sarah Jessica Parker

Take the back roads instead of the highways
Minnie Pearl

One always wonders about roads not taken
Christopher

Sometimes it's the journey that teaches you about your destination
Drake


No comments: