Saturday, December 2, 2017

I Jumped off the Cliff

I really feel exhausted, gone through the wringer, but I am glad that I have made this giant step,,, for me. I decided to share my work with the world. After much looking around I decided on Artfinder for my platform. Not too big so that my artwork would be buried. The major issue was the shipping cost, and I gather most of the artists that do not ship here is because of the price. Taking this into consideration I will be only posting small works on paper and cut canvas. You can find me here. 

This week I have been busy publishing my artwork on Artfinder so the only painting was at my workshop. I am really enjoying these sessions because I feel that both instructors are really pushing me to a different level.

Remember Bad Recipe.... Where I was told to collapse, destroy! Well, this week I asked if that was really what he meant..... Yes.  My structure should be no structure. Up till now, the structure was always there in front, good composition. Now I have to break through that wall, and that is hard.

Here is how the image came to class.

WIP
50 x 70 cm
Collage
Oils with Cold Wax

Here how it stands now!
WIP
50 x 70 cm
Collage
Oils with Cold Wax

Added interest and broke the frame borders.  He was happy that I broke through but I don't know if I like it. I want to add more to the bottom right .... the balance wanting to show. Haven't touched it. 
He compared my work with Robert Rauschenberg and that I should look at his works. 

A few more on the burner!

WIP
40 x 40 cm
oils and cold wax
collage

WIP
40 x 40 cm
oils and cold wax








No comments: