Sunday, November 19, 2017

Where is the Rain

The sun is shiny and it will be another warm mid-November Day. Come on rain, where are you hiding.
“Prayers go up and blessings come down.” – Yiddish Proverb

Been trying to finish some of the starts, really made to many,so some will be made into cards. More on cards at the bottom of post. Prints go fast, the painting and the collage steps take more time.
Collage step from Be Comfortable with Uncomfortable

Screening In Screening Out
10" x 8"
Gelli-print Paint Collage


                                               Off the Gelli-plate                    Added paint




In Love with patterns
10" x 8"
Gelli-print Paint Collage

                                      Off the Gelli-plate                     Added paint


Sticks and Stones
10" x 8"
Gelli-print Paint Collage

                                  Off the Gelli-plate                         Added paint


Been giving a lot of thought as to how to get to the next step, selling. Up till now it hadn't really entered my conscious mind, it was probably hidden deep in my unconscious. Since I have been making cards for family at birthdays etc. decided this may be the place to start. These are not prints but my original work. I bought a package of colored card stock quite a while ago. Have decided to call my cards "frame me" because they are a card and a gift at the same time. Taken this one step forward have ordered 100 transparent stickers for my card-stock cards, and 100 cards single folded cards with the logo printed on the back with envelopes. Since it was a small order I chose a lovely buttermilk color.

I have questions about mounting. Glue or double tape? This card was made before I got my paper cutter.  Thoughts and advice most welcome.

Back
My Avatar is a section of my grandfather's 
business card. Almost a hundred yrs old

Front



No comments: