Friday, September 1, 2017

Day 1 September 30 x 30 2017

Day 1 September 30 x 30 2017


Abstract Landscape
5.75 x 4
Heavy Paper
Ink Intense watercolor pencils
Watercolor crayons 
Pencil
Water medium

I was really debating whether to do the September challenge.  I have had a difficult time getting back into the creative mode since the passing of my sister this past May. Then I realized that this is the very reason that I should take part. I usually use these challenges to learn new things, to try to get out of the "box" so to speak, Another factor in my decision was that my art workshop will not be starting until November so there is no excuse to take part;

Some of my work will be small 4 x 6 postcard size that I will use to make greeting cards. some may be exercises in Gelli prints, a technique I am learning.

I have been experimenting with cutting up some of my work into postcard size to use as greeting cards. Decided to make starts on some heavy paper around 8 x 12 " and cut them into the smaller sections to work with. While doing these starts I want to make the sections different. I will be using a variety of mediums, some dry, some wet, collage, and pencil or charcoal.

Visit Leslie's Blog to see all the beautiful work being done on this challenge!



No comments: