Friday, January 27, 2017

Day 27 January 30 x 30 2017

So I cut Day 26 into two smaller pieces and turned it on its side. This is a very strong piece and I had no idea how I was going to proceed. I had to go for babysitting duty and wouldn't be back until the next day, but I did want to make a start before leaving. I sort of veiled it with watercolor crayons, adding a bit of water and then blotting. Left it to dry. It was quite difficult to completely cover the strong black marker.

Taking this later today I had no idea what I was going to do. I just started playing, working with my watercolor crayons, dipping them into water. Letting them drip in places and soon the image started to emerge.

It is quite busy for its size, I want simple and keep getting complex. Thought maybe to add som fine lines but that would make it more complex. I was quite limited in how many layers this piece could endure.

I named this piece celebration. All is well in the "Apartment to Let" and all the residents had a nice party to celebrate!!

Celebration
12 x 17.5 cm
Brown Paper
Crayons and Markers

After cutting and turning this is the piece I started with this.


12 x 17.5 cm
Brown Paper
Crayons and Markers


No comments: