Sunday, January 3, 2016

Thirty in Thirty Day 3 Patterns of Leaves

I don't recall offhand where I read this but sometimes in a painting that hasn't worked out as you planned there are still sections that have worked.  It was suggested to photograph those "sections" before reconstructing. I now remember where it was... Serena Barton in her book Wabi Sabi Painting with Cold Wax,  She was discussing creative reconstruction when sometimes we have to let go of a favorite part of our work. When cutting up two older works, I found interesting sections that could work on their own that I hadn't noticed as a whole.

This next painting/sketch was built on one of these cutouts.

Crayons on cutout piece of collage on cardboard
8 x 6 inches

Original cutout
pieces of newsprint got loose


No comments: