Sunday, January 31, 2016

Thirty in Thirty Day Collage and Closing Thoughts

So why should you join this challenge? The challenge is not about finishing 30 gallery quality "perfect" paintings. It's about getting in to the studio to try new things. It's about painting more often. It's about having fun and developing new habits! This challenge has changed the lives of many artists and I hope you you will experience the same! It's important to remember you are not doing this challenge alone. Leslie Seata
This is the quote on the home page for Thirty in Thirty challenge. This is the 6th time that I have done the challenge. I painted more, tried new things, made better habits. Some came out better than others but on the whole, I am quite pleased with the results. Worked on small format, 6 x 8 ".  Did some work on cutouts from previous collages that when I cut up to size saw that they would make good starts. On these I used crayons.The rest, canvas on cardboard, worked with oils wet on wet with brush and palette knife.



Last but not least is the wonderful chance to see some great artwork and meet new artists. I want to thank all those that visited my pages and the wonderful encouraging comments. 

No comments: