Thursday, May 8, 2014

Haunted by Family Portrait!!!

Required Assignment 2: One Thing and Then Another (Track A)
Live!: A History of Art for Artists, Animators and Gamers  Coursera

Instructions:

Choose an object or an image.
Turn it into something else.
Then turn it back into itself again. This doesn’t necessarily have to be a major project of deconstruction or manipulation. But it could be. Or it could be just a change of context, orientation, or point of view.
Document your process and post the results with a short 3-4 sentence description of what you did.
Some things to think about:

Your object or image can be in two (flat) and/or three dimensions.
You could make the objects or collect them from elsewhere.
Your "process" could be sequential or not.
Your documentation could be a photograph, drawing, digital image or other similar visual element.
Your documentation could be one or several images. (Note: Because of the limitations of the platform and in consideration of your peers, please consider limiting the number of images you decide to include. Between 1 and 6 images should be sufficient for this assignment.)

Haunted by family portrait!!!
I took a family portrait that has bothered me over the years... perhaps it sort of haunted me.  I looked so sad while everyone else is smiling... perhaps I was jealous... my brother getting most of the attention. Well after all is was his Bar Mitzva!!! Maybe cause I didn't like the skirt I wore... my mother had hand painted a rose on it.. So it was time for a little destruction and manipulation...  The painting was  done before the course but I felt it fir the assignment.. The photo manipulation was done in the same spirit. 

Original Portrait

Oils on grey pressed cardboard
Photo manipulation

No comments: