Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4 30 in 30 Challenge



 20 x 22 cm
oil on gessoed cardboard 

Still not over the "fear" factor.... who/what is is I certainly don't know..... posting where there are over 400 entries  who will even notice....   OK its only day 4 maybe in a few days I will get over it.

I really want to take this opportunity to thank my very good friend Meredith Adler.... without her constant support I wouldn't be here.... Thanks Meredith!!!

Corked glass jar.. oil with palette knife,paper towels, baby wipes and cleaning wipes... still with my limites palette of ultramarine and raw umber  toned the format with a thin layer of ultramarine.  Not sure if this is finished... critique/advise would be much appreciated. 

Here is a charcoal sketch I did before the painting.



4 comments:

Anita Mistry said...

Well I noticed it :) It's lovely reminds me of a jar I have somewhere. I think you've done a great job with your limited items.

Meredith Adler said...

GOOD one!!! I especially love the drawing, it's fantastic. If anything in terms of adding more to it, I think there are more darks in the sketch than in the painting. What do you think? And thank you so much for what you wrote about me. That was really kind of you and it totally goes both ways. Your support and encouragement keep me going...

Carol Edan said...

Thank you so much for your comments ..encouraging and very appreciated!!!

Carol Edan said...

Thanks Meredith!!! always appreciate your comments... Yes you are correct about the darks... may go over them with a thin glaze... I am going to do the rest of the week with jars, bottles etc... next week maybe tackle so fruit,,, bought some beautiful pears that had a wonderful green background with splotches of muted red-orange .. that is they aren't eaten :)...