Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 24 30 in 30 Challenge

Leslie's  30 in 30 Challenge

18  x 13 cm 
Oil Pastels on covered cardboard

A small sketch of the fields we pass going home from our favorite spa.... Fields of poppies and some yellow flowers that I don't know.... Used oil pastels and some medium on a small format.  Actually did 2 but the second wouldn't scan or photograph well.... took a day off from wet painting!!!!

18  x 13 cm 

Oil Pastels on covered cardboard

Here is the second sketch... problem was that I was comparing the photo with the original under different lighting.... It is dark already and I am viewing the original under florescent lighting... photo was taken in daylight... so I am seeing more purples...now in the original!!!!. 

2 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

How did I miss these? When did you post them? There's not a date on them?? I always love seeing your landscapes...!!

Carol Edan said...

I will look up if the dates are missing,,,, I think it was Friday... not sure... in any case took a day off from "wet-painting" only posted one... then yesterday I posted the second.... photo wasn't so good... these are just studies.... thanks for your comments,,,