Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Election Day--- Class Outside on the Municipality Lawn

October 22  was election day for cities and municipalities in Israel so the cultural center where we usually meet was being used for election polls, and we set up shop on lawn of our local municipality lawn.

See images of our Art Sadna Picnic

I set up shop near the entrance looking at one of the outbuildings.  Near the bench... forgot to photograph my setup. I liked the interesting ceramic statue.

 click to enlarge
View from my easal


All were done on heavy brown construction paper using oil pastels...paper has a little bit of texture. 

Statue up close 35 x 25 cm
click to enlarge

View of the side of the building.... also 25 x 35 cm Used some medium to blend the colors

click to enlarge

Statue head .... quick sketch 25 x 25 cm


click to enlarge

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I think you really captured the feel of the place and the statue, and I am admiring the sketchy feel to your oil pastel marks. Makes me want to get mine out. You are definitely an inspiration...

Carol Edan said...

Blushing!!!Thanks for all your encouragement.