Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Corrugated Cardboard Studies

Brought to class some corrugated cardboard that I thought I would gesso and use for some quick studies. Heleni suggested that I work directly with using gesso.  I felt much more at ease with these, probably because I thought of them just as studies and don't HAVE TO PERFECT.... which probably one of the reasons that they came out fresher.... this is an important attitude to develop in any painting...
I did have Heleni to stop me from overworking.... I am going to look more closely to the work of  Diane Mannion  I get blog updates and she usually shows her progression images...

 click to enlarge

 click to enlarge

A bit about the second study....The reference for this is the from my favorite spa Hamei Yoav.... a view that I really love.... although Heleni calls these finished works.. I still call them studies...

 click to enlarge
 click to enlarge
zoomed  in 
May try this zoomed in view!!!

1 comment:

Carol Edan said...

Thanks Meredith..... yes painting is a way of expressing one's truth... and we should really go with the flow... and then that horrid "right side" kicks in and says "just who do you think you are fooling....