Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Crayon Sketches- Eggplants Little Girl Cat

Still having "puter" problems...yesterday worked on my daughters Asus lap/book a real miniature,17 x 26 cm, but really helped me be connected... download some images from the latest wde  .... was hard to use the images as reference on the small screen... so downloaded them on a disk on key and put them in my dvd and voila on my TV... so while my husband fiddled with the computer did some sketching....  since I knew I wouldn't have Photoshop to edit I took pictures under my spot lamp in web resolution, and even found a way to edit on the little laptop..and save to post on the site..... but I had taken a a regular photo that was in MY computer... that I had not edited cause my computer kept crashing...  so this morning... cross fingers edited and posted here.  Will have to take photos of the two other sketches as soon as there is enough light out there.....

This is a small still life of two eggplants... a favorite food here.... even though Tom , my brother-in-law has a different opinion!!!! Done in less than an hour using  Caran d ache neocolor I oil and wax crayons. My set is really on its last legs and not many art supply stores carry them.. my main purpose was to have a color sketch for a possible oil painting. Loved the contrasts and the different shapes...Size is 20 x 20 cm and was done in less than an hour.....

click to enlarge

These are the ones I took at night.... low resolution... wow what a difference...




Was quite pleased with the little girl... got a reasonable likeness... on scale from 1 -10 [10 the best] got about an 8+.... 

here is the last crayon sketch of a cat on a wall... Crayon Caran d'ache Neocolor I
22 x 27 cm on plain brown paper....



2 comments:

Bonnie Lincicome said...

I love the crayons Carol. I see a heart on the little girl's shirt. Happy Valentine's Day!

Carol Edan said...

Thanks Bonnie!!! I think there is a heart on the ear of the bunny.....